Shape Memory Alloy (SMA) are one of the most promising smart materials available today, and they can provide the novel solution in several ﬁelds and for various applications (e.g. actuator, biomedical application, clamping systems, etc.). Shape Memory Alloys demonstrate a unique ability to recover their initial shape after deformation through a reversible thermo-elastic phase transformation.
Among the commercially available SMA, nickel-titanium (Ni-Ti and Ni–Ti-based) alloys are outstanding due to their excellent performance, reliability, and strain recovery properties. Ni-Ti alloy is attractive for various medical applications due to its biocompatibility, corrosion resistance, and fatigue behavior.
Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) is a leading supplier of Nitinol Alloy products. All custom sizes and finished parts can be produced quickly to the highest industry standards.
Specifications of Nitinol Spring
|Material||Titanium Nickel Alloy|
|Surface||Black or Pickled or Polished|
Specific Advantages of Nitinol Spring
A. Superior reliability
B. No gas or liquid leaks
C. 2-3x higher heat sensitivity compared to waxy components.
D. Shorter response time to temperature changes.
E. Lowered the total cost of modern SMA springs.
F. Our Nitinol can be used in standard compression, extension or torsion springs.
– Nitinol is used to produce bend-resilient glasses frames.
– Nitinol springs are also used as mechanical watch springs.
– Nitinol can be used as a temperature control system; as it changes shape, it can activate a switch or a variable resistor to control the temperature.
– Nitinol is used in cell-phone technology as a retractable antenna, or a microphone boom, due to its highly flexible nature and mechanical memory properties.
– Nickel-titanium alloys are used to make the underwires for underwire bras.
Our Nitinol Springs are clearly tagged and labeled externally to ensure efficient identification and quality control. Great care is taken to avoid any damage which might be caused during storage or transportation.
Submit your review
Works as advertised. Bend it into any shape, then put it in hot water and it goes back to its original shape.
Copyright © 1994-2019 Stanford Advanced Materials, All Rights Reserved.