Alloy 825 is a Nickel-iron-chromium alloy with additions of molybdenum, copper and titanium. The alloys chemical composition provides exceptional resistance to many corrosive environments.
The Nickel content is sufficient for resistance to Chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking. The nickel, combined with molybdenum and copper, also gives outstanding resistance to reducing environments such as those containing sulfuric and phosphoric acid. The molybdenum also aids resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion. The alloy Chromium content confers resistance to a variety of oxidizing substances such as nitric acid, nitrates and oxidizing salts. The titanium addition, with appropriate heat treatment, will stabilize the alloy against sensitization to intergranular corrosion.
Metal Type: UNS N08825
Standard: ASTM B423, ASTM B829, ASTM B705, ASTM B775, ASTM B163, ASTM B704, ASTM B751, DIN 17751, ISO 6207, VdTüV 432
Chemical Composition, %
– Sulfuric acid pickling plant equipment, including heating coils, tanks, crates, baskets and chains
– Fuel element dissolvers
– Offshore product piping system components and tubes sour gas service
– Seawater-cooled heat exchangers
– Paper industry – pipe digesters
– Pipelines for wet sulfur dioxide gas
– Phosphoric acid production equipment, including heat exchangers, evaporators and scrubbers
– LPG (liquid petroleum gas) processing equipment, including air-cooled heat exchangers
Our INCOLOY 825 is carefully handled to minimize damage during storage and transportation and to preserve the quality of the product in its original condition.
Copyright © 1994-2019 Stanford Advanced Materials, All Rights Reserved.