Tungsten Alloy Counterweight can be simply understood as a counterweight mainly made of metal tungsten. Because of its excellent physical and chemical properties, it is favored by researchers in the military, national defense, aerospace, aviation, navigation, automotive, medical, electronics, petrochemical, and other fields. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the properties and uses of tungsten alloy counterweight.
It has the characteristics of non-toxic, high melting point, high density (2 times that of lead), strong rigidity, high hardness, excellent shielding effect, and good thermal conductivity. According to different compositions, the composition of tungsten alloy products can be divided into tungsten alloy, tungsten-nickel-iron, tungsten-nickel-copper, and tungsten-nickel-copper-iron, etc. According to different magnetic properties, tungsten alloy products can be divided into magnetic tungsten alloys and non-magnetic tungsten alloys.
1. Divide the large counterweight into several small counterweights weighing less than 50Kg.
3. Weigh the three raw material powders, mix them and press them into small counterweight blanks, and then perform liquid phase sintering.
4. The surface of the sintered small counterweight that needs to be connected is processed into a plane. Place one of the small counterweights on the sintering boat, and keep the connecting surface horizontal or vertical to the sintering boat. Then put another small counterweight and the two connecting surfaces of the previous small counterweight to fit together. Other small counterweights are also placed in the same way.
5. Finally, put all the small counterweights together with the sintering boat into a fixed-point hydrogen furnace for liquid phase sintering, and the product can be obtained.
1. Used in cars. Tungsten alloy counterweights have great flexibility in automobile design and can keep the wheels in dynamic balance under high-speed rotation.
2. Used in cranes. The use of counterweight in the crane can significantly increase the weight of the crane to lift heavy objects.
3. Used in machine tools. This can effectively reduce the load of the motor and the screw, and suppress the heating of the motor and the screw, so as to ensure processing accuracy and prolong the life of the corresponding parts.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you to have a better understanding of the properties and uses of tungsten alloy counterweight. If you want to learn more about tungsten alloy counterweight or other types of refractory metals and alloys, we would like to advise you to visit Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) for more information.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, USA, Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) is a leading manufacturer & supplier of refractory metals & alloys across the world. It provides customers with high-quality refractory metals & alloys such as molybdenum, tantalum, rhenium, tungsten, titanium, and zirconium at a very competitive price.
Copyright © 1994-2021 Stanford Advanced Materials, All Rights Reserved.