Tungsten alloy fishing sinker, as its name implies, is a fishing gear that uses tungsten-based alloy as the main raw material. Because this kind of fishing sinker has the physical and chemical properties of tungsten alloy with high specific gravity, it is popular with many modern fishermen.
1. Its density is high, similar to gold, 2.5 times that of iron and 2 times that of lead. This will significantly increase the diving ability, anchoring power, and throwing distance of the bait.
2. Its small size not only makes it easy to carry and disassemble but also allows more fishing sinkers to be attached to the fishing line.
3. It is more environmentally friendly. Tungsten-based alloy is a non-toxic material and will not pollute the water body, so it has gradually replaced lead sinkers.
4. It has good heat resistance. The melting point of tungsten is about 3422°C, and the vapor pressure is low, so it will not melt even in a high-temperature environment.
5. Its corrosion resistance is excellent. It will not easily react with acid and alkali solutions, and will not react with oxygen at room temperature. More generally speaking, the fish sinker has a longer service life.
6. It has good wear resistance. It does not need to be polished even after long-term use, because its gloss is still as new as ever. In addition, it is unlikely to be scratched or broken due to the impact of external objects.
1. According to different shapes, it can be divided into worm-shaped fishing sinkers, barrel-shaped fishing sinkers, needle-shaped fishing sinkers, bullet-shaped fishing sinkers, drop-shaped fishing sinkers, etc.
2. According to different specifications, it can be divided into: 1/16oz, 1/8oz, 3/16oz, 1/4oz, 5/16oz, 3/8oz, 1/2oz, 3/4oz, 1oz, 1.25oz, 1.5oz, 2.0oz, 2.25oz, 2.5oz (oz is the abbreviation of the symbol ounce).
First, the tungsten powder, nickel powder, and iron powder are mixed in proportions and dried in a vacuum for use. Then, the obtained mixed powder is heated to 2300° C. under the protection of nitrogen and becomes a flowing state after heating for 1 hour. Then it is injected into the mold cavity and cooled down to obtain a blank of the desired shape. The blank is heated to 1500°C under the protection of inert gas, sintered for 1 hour, and then cooled.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you to have a better understanding of the tungsten alloy fishing sinker. If you want to learn more about tungsten alloys, we would like to advise you to visit Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) for more information.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, USA, Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) is a leading manufacturer & supplier of refractory metals & alloys across the world. It provides customers with high-quality refractory metals & alloys such as molybdenum, tantalum, rhenium, tungsten, titanium, and zirconium at a very competitive price.
Copyright © 1994-2022 Advanced Refractory Metals owned by Oceania International LLC, All Rights Reserved.