Tungsten flux is a kind of fine particle processed by metal tungsten. Its purity is very high, which can reach more than 99.95%. Because of its unique physical and chemical properties, it is widely used in many fields. In this article, we will take a closer look at the properties and uses of tungsten flux.
It is a bright gray polyhedral particle with a melting point of about 3420°C, a boiling point of about 5560°C, a density of 19.0g/cm3, an average particle size of about 75mm, a sulfur content of not more than 0.0005%, and a carbon content of not more than 0.0008%.
In addition to the fluxing effect, tungsten flux also has the functions of heating, stirring, catalyzing, stabilizing combustion, anti-interference, and adjusting the acidity and alkalinity of the medium.
2. Reduce tungsten oxide to metallic tungsten under a hydrogen atmosphere.
3. Ball mill the reduced product, and then eliminate the agglomeration and agglomeration generated during the reduction process to obtain uniformly dispersed spherical tungsten particles.
4. The tungsten particles after ball milling are sieved to obtain high-purity tungsten particles.
1. Because of its low impurity content and high melting point, it is very suitable as a catalyst in a carbon and sulfur analyzer, which can efficiently improve the accuracy of the measurement value. The carbon and sulfur analyzer can quickly analyze the carbon and sulfur content in solid and fluid materials such as steel, cast iron, copper, alloys, ore, cement, ceramics, carbon compounds, coal, petroleum, lime, and other solid and fluid materials.
2. It can also be used as a filler for shielding materials to enhance the shielding effect of radiation and is suitable for use in radiation protection doors and baffles.
3. It is also suitable as a counterweight filler because of its smaller volume, higher density, and better corrosion resistance.
Thank you for reading our article and we hope it can help you have a better understanding of the properties and uses of tungsten flux. If you want to learn more about tungsten metal or other refractory metals, we would like to advise you to visit Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) for more information.
Headquartered in Lake Forest, California, USA, Advanced Refractory Metals (ARM) is a leading manufacturer & supplier of refractory metals & alloys across the world. It provides customers with high-quality refractory metals & alloys such as molybdenum, tantalum, rhenium, tungsten, titanium, and zirconium at a very competitive price.
Copyright © 1994-2024 Advanced Refractory Metals owned by Oceania International LLC, All Rights Reserved.