High tech metals are called refractory metals in scientific terms, with a high melting point of 3500 degrees C. Tungsten, molybdenum, tantalum and niobium are refractory metals. The characteristics of these materials are not only high melting point, but also difficult to mine and process. Special process beyond traditional metallurgical method is required.
Stanford Advanced Materials has nearly 100 years of experience in powder metallurgy, and is a first-class quality supplier for such high-tech and high-performance metal materials.
The unique properties of refractory metals make it almost an indispensable material in the modern world. Stanford Advanced Materials uses refractory metals tungsten, molybdenum, tantalum and niobium to develop and produce custom powders, high-precision billets and components, which has contributed greatly to the development of innovative high-tech industries.
Molybdenum – the preferred material for heat conduction and insulation
Molybdenum is a silvery white material that is reminiscent of tin. The density of molybdenum is 10.22 g/cm than tungsten light, fand, but has the same high melting point (2620 degrees C) and boiling point (5560 degrees C).
Such high strength, toughness, and hardness bring about excellent thermal conductivity, heat resistance, and low thermal expansion.
High performance can also be maintained at very high temperatures
Based on these special properties, molybdenum has become an integral part of many key industries：
• thin films of photovoltaic systems require ultra-thin molybdenum coatings as conductive metal layers.
• based on low thermal expansion properties, molybdenum is commonly used in the electronics industry as a semiconductor and as a heat sink material.
• molybdenum crucibles are ideal for crystal growth in the LED industry.
• in the high temperature furnace, molybdenum insulation screen can play a very good anti radiation protection role.
• the glass industry tends to use molybdenum based glass fused electrodes to produce high-purity glass.
Molybdenum consistently has high quality and availability.
Stanford Advanced Materials produces high quality metallic molybdenum powders, semi-finished molybdenum products, and finished products. With experience and expertise in the application field, we can provide product solutions for every technical innovation and customer’s special requirements.
Copyright © 1994-2019 Stanford Advanced Materials, All Rights Reserved.